Niquelle’s Quilt is finished. My intension now is to make a larger one that her family can lovingly use in her memory.
Flannel, double gauze, linen blends and quilting cottons are all present. So sad to see the Amy Butler Wallflower in mustard and the Heather Ross Moons go, but so happy to see them in a quilt! The tactile effect is hard to explain. It is somewhat heavier than most quilts, but also light and soft.
I spent some time with my friend Sandie quilting it on her long arm. I mentally struggle sometimes with not home machine quilting all my quilts, but quickly got over it on this one! We quilted it with purple, pink and white variegated thread.
The side triangles that I cut in half (or actually in half plus a quarter-inch to make them an actual half triangle with binding on) to create the edges of the quilt went into the backing. Some angle piecing went into its construction and some other scraps made their way in to create the panel. I always seem to go vertical with back panels.
We’ve got some space in the value class tonight too.
Psychedelic Baby Block on the schedule for Saturday!